Lasers Help Comfortably Treat Gum Disease
Modern Laser Therapy Effectively Treats Gum DiseaseGum disease is an inflammatory disease that affects gum tissue and the bones that support our teeth. Gum disease has also been found, in some studies, to increase the likelihood of several serious diseases including heart disease, diabetes, and respiratory disease. Modern dentistry has found that lasers can be very effective in treating gum disease.
How Laser Therapy WorksLaser therapy can be used in several different ways:
- It can be used to remove the diseased tissue from around and between teeth.
- When someone has gum disease, there is a buildup of tartar and minerals around the roots of the teeth. Lasers may be used to remove this buildup and help clean out the gum pockets.
- Lasers can be used in conjunction with traditional methods such as scaling to remove the diseased gum and bacteria from around teeth.
What Are the Advantages Of Laser Therapy with Dr. Ingram?
- Less bleeding, swelling, and discomfort.
- Only local anesthesia is used, which means you can drive yourself home from treatment.
- Your mouth will heal more quickly. There is no cutting or stitches involved.
- Some lasers have been found to promote and quicken the regeneration process of the gums and affected bones.